Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why are people making such a fuss about Palin being a mother?

As many of you know, I'm not by any means a supporter of McCain or Palin. However, I've noticed that a lot of people who are supposedly on the left act as though Palin should stay at home and take care of her children. There have been PLENTY of male politicians who still had children living at home. Why is it that no one ever asked why they didn't stay at home and help their wives raise the kids?Why are people making such a fuss about Palin being a mother?
No my friend, you miss the point. The left isn't saying she should stay home, that are actually her ideas and views. The left is simply pointing out the right peddles ideas they can't even practice themselves and standards too high for even the most privileged layers of the population to live up to. Yet they want to force that lifestyle on everyone. That's what this is about.





There is an overpowering element of hypocrisy in the whole affair. The Christian right seeks to impose fundamentalist precepts on the entire American population—by banning abortion, contraception, sex education, the teaching of evolution, stem cell research, etc. Yet they blithely defend Governor Palin on the grounds that Bristol’s pregnancy (as well as Todd Palin’s drunk-driving charge and similar incidents) are proof that the Palins are just regular folks. As McCain speechwriter Mark Salter declared, “These things happen. This has probably happened to millions of American families.”





It is certainly true that every American family has its issues and problems, immensely exacerbated by the deepening social and economic crisis of the profit system. And that is precisely why tolerance, sensitivity and social support are required, rather than the punitive, moralizing and dehumanizing strictures of those who claim to derive all of the governing principles of society from a literalist interpretation of the Bible.





Why are people making such a fuss about Palin being a mother?
She's one of those women who can't say no to anything or anyone and is taking on to much. She's bound to fail by doing this. As a Mom who raised three kids I KNOW there are time your kids interfear with your job. She has a handicapped baby she's breastfeeding and what if she gets pregnant again? She needs to stay home and take care of her kids and her new baby or she'll end up with four teenage daughters pregnant! Having a family and a regular job is overwhelming and there is no way her family life won't interfear with her duties as vice president! What if McCain dies, she will be expected to be president? She's not qualified and will not have the time to be a GOOD Mother or President!
There is a real difference here. Palin has a child that has Downs Syndrome. That is a ';special needs'; child. As a parent of a special needs child myself, I personally disagree with her choice of a public life in the White House. In fact , I have made career sacrifices for my son. And I would do the same all over again. It is not just about a mother working. It is about a child with special needs. If you have never had a child with ';speical needs';, there is no way you can relate to this. It is truly like night and day.
I can't believe all this sexism mumbo - jumbo. This country has been so brain washed w/ sexism this, sexism that. They don't ask male politicians questions about their kids, because male politicians have WIVES. Wives who can stay home and raise the kids. Female politicians don't have wives -- they have husbands (duh, lol) and husbands generally don't' want to stay home and be ';house husbands'; they want to go out and work -- because their men! And if you think there's as many men out there as women who want to stay home with the kids, you're kidding yourself big time.





Palin has a baby w/ downs. A teen daughter who's about to have a baby of her own. That's when you need to take a leave of absence from work - -NOT take on a job that requires you to be available 24/7! It's her choice -- I just think it's a poor choice.





If your kids are grown -- that's totally different.... but a house full of teens, young kids and babies?? I'm sorry -- that's got to be your priority.
Because like it or not we still live in a country where the majority feels that women should be sitting at home baking cakes. The same thought system that believes men should be the providers and the only ones with anything to contribute to politics.





The reality is that women are more in touch with what this country needs. As one of those stay at home moms by choice, I knew that the right decision for me was to be at home with my children and grow a strong group of adults for the next generation. Other women, like Palin were meant for greater things and contribute more to society by going out and changing things.





I'm not saying that Palin can't be a great mom and VP. I believe she can be. For me I needed to devote my full time to raising children. Not to mention my husband had the better income potential between the two of us. For Palin I feel that she may have the better income potential and also have a strong calling to change things in government.





In a perfect world women would be able to make that decision without any backlash. But the reality is you're going to have the Good Ole Boy system that will never accept a women for anything other than fluff.





Sincerely,


Michelle






My opinion is that so many feel that politics are strictly for the male population. That leaders are men, women are the ones to follow. Well, according to my calender, it's 2008, not 1908.


As a mom,wife,grandmother, business owner, and volunteer in my community; I know that women are much better than men at multi-tasking.
The issues here go much deeper than being a working mother. She has a special needs child and a daughter who is obviously not following Palin's stated position on abstinence-only. Republicans have also criticized feminists who push for career and family. People are using this opportunity to point out Republican hypocrisy on this issue.
The Democratic party has finally, unequivocally exposed themselves as anti woman. It started with Hillary and now with Palin. They want sexy vaccuous men. No women need apply. It really is a contradiction. If they were really serious about the choice issue they would want as many women as possible, of both parties, in positions of power to change the law.
YOUR HOUSE FROM GOING INTO FORECLOSURE, YOUR SONS FROM GOING TO WAR ,YOUR BANK FOR OVER CHARGING AND STEALING MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT, WILL IT STOP THE FEDERAL RESERVE FROM BEING NOSY IF YOU TAKE MORE THAN 10,000,00 DOLLARS IN CASH OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANOTHER WHY ARE PEOPLE SO INTERESTED IN PRECIOUS METALS THESE DAYS ? WILL VOTING END ALL DISEASES AND STOP PREMARITAL SEX OR AT LEAST UNPROTECTED SEX? WILL IT STOP INNER CITY GANGS AND SUPERMARKETS FILLED WITH DRUGS WILL VOTING STOP IT???


WILL VOTING STOP THE KILLING OF THE QUOTE ON QUOTE LESS MISERABLES OF SOCIETY





SO AGAIN I ASK YOU WHY DO WE VOTE? i'M TIRED OF THIS ELECTION GARBAGE BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT





DEMOCRACY NOW?? DEMOCRACY WHAT?








WHAT HAS VOTING REALLY DONE, BECAUSE IF ITS OUR VOTES THAT GETS US WARS , AND GETS US HIGH GAS PRICES, FORECLOSURE RATES THRU THE ROOF, MORE CRIME , AND NOTHING BUT INEPT OLD PEOPLE RUNNING IN OFFICES WHO HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING, THEN I ASK U AGAIN WHY


VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





EXACTLY ';WHAT DOES A VICE PRESIDENT DO ANYWAY'; - SARAH PALIN
Wheneveer you hear Democrats complaining about Republican morals it's almost always a problem of Republican hypocrisy. No one wants to put up with the likes of Republicans telling them how to live their lives while the Republicans themselves can't live that way. Thats why Palin's child rearing has came under fire. Because she and the McCain campaign are being hypocrites.
I'm a supporter of Obama and I completely agree with you. It seems like some dems are forgetting the important issues and mud slinging just for the sake of mud slinging. That's a conservative game and I think that left leaner's should have more class than that.
Because she is not doing a very good job of it.





I know those type of people, they like to have a lot of kids, but they don't spend any time with them.





You can't just pop them out and hope they find their way.
The democratic party, including Obama has always been full of double standards. Whatever suits them and their agenda at the time. You don't hear anyone questioning Obama's ability to be a father if he is elected, do you? His kids are still young.
I am not one of them. As a woman and mother she can do whatever she wants. I have a list of other reasons she isn't fit to hold the office of VP.


Most Democrats are single mothers? That is incredibly ignorant.
Actually, after thinking about it - not having a fundie christian mother around spouting 'abstinence only' all the time might actually improve the chances of her other kids...
Because they aren't feminists.





(The people critical of mothers... not the mothers themselves. Working mothers are the ultimate feminists.)
Because people probably think she can't handle it all.
Double Standard. It's not a shock to me.
i don't know...it sounds really hypocritical to me...Pelosi has five children and has been in DC over 20 years...
This would probably need to be another poll in itself. But mainly when mothers are so self involved with their choice career they end up with the pregnant Teen daughters. I don't believe the Fuss is about her being a mother it's about her making a career decision that will make her a Mommy in the terms of gave birth to the children but have no time for them. Yes it is the Year 2008, but due to the fact that she does have young children and as we can see her teenage daughter felt the need for attention in a young mans Bed or perhaps her Mother's bed since both parents seem to have a very active life outside of the home. When the man leaves the house to take on his duties as Husband, Father, President , VP etc they are being the provider that God intended for them to be. Time after time the speeches end with God Bless America, yet everyone see fit for the nation to be lead outside of GOD's intent. There are plenty of ways to be a Helpmate in the White House without taking on the 24/7 responsibility. The rate she is going with the Teen daughter that they need to plan a shot gun weeding for, both her and her husband need to focus on their immediate family first.
Because veteran and young moms alike know what being a devoted mother means to them. It's apparent that more mothers really do take parenting more serious than was thought. It is also apparent that more mothers take parenting more serious than Sarah Palin. The bottom line for me as a veteran mother of three, ages 5m, 13m, 17f I trust my judgement when making life altering choices regarding my children more than anyone else, including my husband. I am college educated my husband is a teacher so one could argue (and he does:) that his judgment is better than mine. I feel so passionately about investing the time necessary to ensure my children the VERY BEST chance that I can. My motto is: If I fail with my children then I fail in life. Getting pregnant at seventeen is certainly not an equation for failure, but I would argue that it certainly isn't something I would be proud of. There is a difference between men and women...I for one am glad and I'll stand up to any feminist who says that men and women function the same and that their differences have no merit in decision making. Bring it on. Stay at home mothers are the strongest women in America. Women in the workplace could all go away and this world would continue to turn and life would continue to progress. What would happen if you take all the mothers out of the home. Both men and women can agree that SOMEONE should be at home to monitor and parent the children. In my home, my husband and I both decided that the person would be me because nobody can attend to my children better than me. If I don't raise and teach my children someone else will. Bristol Palin proved that.


Obama 08*
Because working moms usually aren't on welfare. And when people aren't on welfare, libs aren't happy.
most of the dem's are single mothers

No comments:

Post a Comment