Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What happens if my income changes during my pregnancy, making me ineligible for Medicaid benefits?

Currently I am on Medicaid for pregnant women in Texas, but my husband might be getting a job that pays more than the eligibility requirements for the program. Unfortunately the job does not come with health insurance either. Will Medicaid cancel my policy or am I guaranteed coverage until the birth? This is a problem because other insurance policies will not let you add maternity insurance after you are already pregnant. Thank you for any advice or suggestions...What happens if my income changes during my pregnancy, making me ineligible for Medicaid benefits?
I would talk to your worker. Seems to me if you don't make enough to get insurance and you hit the money cap you might be in the grey area. No sense worrying about it until you ask.What happens if my income changes during my pregnancy, making me ineligible for Medicaid benefits?
I don't think so. You may want to inquire to make sure you don't lose your benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment