Sunday, December 27, 2009

My hot water heater smells like its burning when making hot water?

Whenever the tank is refilling it smells like it is burningMy hot water heater smells like its burning when making hot water?
There might be a loose electrical connection .My hot water heater smells like its burning when making hot water?
I had this happen once and it turned out the vent pipe had fallen to one side and was touching building material; the heat was scorching my house! I was lucky it didn't catch fire.
Need to know if it is gas electric. Is it a new tank?





If it's gas, check that the vent is not plugged.





Doug
Is this a gas water heater? Something on the vent pipe or something in the burner area that's not suppose to be there.


Call someone if you cant locate the problem.





If electric you may have a faulty connection somewhere in it. Call someone if your not capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment