Sunday, December 27, 2009

What are you making for dinner tonight?

I am making 'shepard's pie.' Instead of spreading the mashed potatoes on top, I will form them into ghost shapes and put peas for eyes on them. Is that cute or what? Easy and creative - I should have a show. :)What are you making for dinner tonight?
leftoversWhat are you making for dinner tonight?
We are going for a ';tapas'; style dinner.
Leftover chicken chili here. And I'm tuning in to Monday Night Football, too!
steak three ways - one with terriaki/sesame sauce, one with home made barbeque sauce and one with a blakened pepper onionn sauce (we each get a bit of all three with spinach on the side)
I just bought some ready-to-use pizza dough so I'm thinking of making a calzone.
I ordered pizza....








but yesterday I made baked orange chicken





time to make 1陆 hours 23 min prep





2 large oranges


1 tablespoon olive oil


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts


1 medium onion, finely chopped


2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce


2 tablespoons water


1 tablespoon tomato paste


salt %26amp; pepper





1. Thinly pare the rind from 1 orange, and cut the rind into thin strips.


2. Grate the rind from the other orange, and squeeze the juice from both.


3. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides.


4. Remove from the pan and keep warm.


5. Add the onion to the fat remaining in the pan and gently fry for 5 minutes.


6. Drain off any fat, then add the Worcestershire sauce, water, tomato paste, orange rind (strips and grated) and juice. Bring to the boil and season lightly with salt and pepper.


7. Line a shallow ovenproof dish or roasting pan with foil, leaving enough on either side to over lap in the middle. Place the chicken on the foil, spoon over the orange sauce, then cover wit h the foil, securing the edges by folding together.


8. Bake at 180 C for 1 hour.


9. To serve, spoon the juices over the chicken.
Chicken and Noodles I put in the crock pot this morning before work.
Food, I always go with Food for meals it just seems the right thing to do, Ya Know??
i don't know that is why I am on here trying to see if anything sounds good.
Green Beans - Tuna - Rice.


Boring stuff with low calories ...
pizza i'm italian
Probably salad with mixed field greens, feta, dried cranberries and slivered almonds.





Last night I went to a potluck and stuffed myself, so I need to detox today!
Boiled yellow squash seasoned with butter, pepper, and sugar;


Baked chicken lemon pepper flavored;


ceasar salad;


garlic bread;


avocado slices
Sounds good. It's also good to mix the potatoes with grated cheese and you can put sliced tomato on top too.





Tonight my wife experimented with a pasta dish. She used pasta shells as a base. The topping was sliced mushrooms and chopped onions cooked with a tin of chopped tomatoes, a can of tuna chunks, a splash of red wine and a spoonful of chili sauce. Very tasty.
I am having roast lamb, dolmas,


green beans/tomatoes,


cucumber/green peppers/onion/tomato Greek salad,


tabbouleh, home made pita and Baba Ghanouch .
I am going to eat whatever my mother makes.
Tacos and Burritos here, buffet style so they can all watch Monday Night Football...gotta do it, I've got men in the house...prayers =)
possum and grits
Gotta do some pork chops tonight!
I am making boneless pork chops (on the George Foreman grill), shrimp spring rolls and snap peas. I also have some chardonnay chilling in the fridge. A day off is nice because I can cook for my sweetie. She will be happy!





Oh yeah: chocolate orange cake with raspberry icing for dessert.
since i am home alone for the first time in a long time...am grilling a t-bone steak, having rice and salad with it.
I'm pregnant so I'm going to have pickles and Ice Cream and my husband is going to have pizza and beer.
:P it is cute





we are going to have pancakes tonight. going to expirament with different fruits for toppings :)
My husband is making dinner tonight!! He is making breakfast for dinner. Eggs chorizo in a tortilla. Yummy!
Refrigerator clean out night.


Mystery meat, Mystery Meat, Twice as fun to say as it is to eat!!!
Spaghetti ,its totally awesome tasting.Plus some root beer. I guess im gonna be stacking noodles on my plate all night.
I'm having Pizza Beer and Monday night football, Which has become a family tradition for the last 11 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment