Sunday, December 27, 2009

What is the Practicability of making Home made Mincemeat?

I have to finish my Home Economics journal and it asks this question.





Any help?


ThanksWhat is the Practicability of making Home made Mincemeat?
I have made it with suet and just with fruit, I use plenty of fruits and a fair amount of molasses, booze is a good preservative, but flavouring are fine, I make mine in September or October and let it mellow for a few months, I have even made it in sealing jars and given it as Xmas gifts along with my 100 proof Xmas cakes.What is the Practicability of making Home made Mincemeat?
Practicability- - Practicality


You do mean ground meat and not the raisin pie for Christmas. .? ?


It depends $ $ $


Can you get meat at a true bargain price. . ?


Do have a manual grinder - - or an electric. . manual is tiresome and hard? ?


then there is the time - - to do the grinding - - and then the clean up


Practicality- -


My first guess is IF your single NO


You have a small family (4) iffy - - with all the work involved


IF you have large and extended family ( like a church group) and your doing 20- - 100 lbs yes





I do not know the prices Over the pond but hamburger here jumps from $2.80卤 $3.40卤 but every so often we can get a family pack (3lbs) for less than $2.00- - Is it quality meat. . ? who knows
cheaper

No comments:

Post a Comment