Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When making chocolate chip cookies, how do you adjust the recipe if you have extra large eggs?

I'm going to make Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies but I have 2 extra large eggs instead of just large eggs. Normally if I make it like that, the cookies turn out kinda flat and they don't look right. How much should I increase the dry ingredients to make up for the larger-sized eggs?When making chocolate chip cookies, how do you adjust the recipe if you have extra large eggs?
Yeah, Jill M is right. You don't need to make any adjustments. I bake all the time with extra large eggs and they work fine. Sometimes though with boxed cake mixes you can omit one egg because they are so big.When making chocolate chip cookies, how do you adjust the recipe if you have extra large eggs?
I use XL eggs for everything and do not adjust anything. I have a great reputation for great cookies, cakes etc. My chickens just lay huge eggs! :) Merry Christmas!
ide actually just beat the eggs and and remove about 2-3 tbs so that they are closer to the size of the large eggs you need...





instead of upping the dry ingredients...
  • toner refill
  • figure
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment