Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When making a fiberglass can I staple the fabric to the hardened fiberglass?

.. Or will it crack when stapled, if so how am I supposed to get the fabric to stretch across the openings (if you know what I'm talking about otherwise don't worry about it)When making a fiberglass can I staple the fabric to the hardened fiberglass?
Once the fiberglass is fully hardened it will crack from the Staples. You can buy a spray on adhesive that comes in an aerosol can that is made special for carpeting boxes.When making a fiberglass can I staple the fabric to the hardened fiberglass?
what are you making out of fibreglass? i work in GRP industry. i don't think you'll be able to staple through it unless its a very thin piece of glass but even then you'll need to use one of those mega powerfull industrial staplers but then you could crack it anyway. you might be better off using a glue or perhaps a screw or nuts n bolts. i'm intrigued as to what you are making. e-mail me if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment