Friday, January 8, 2010

Woodpecker making hole in side of house, what do I do?

I've got a woodpecker trying to make a hole in the side of my house, how do I get rid of him. I don't want to hurt him, is there anything that I put on the wood to keep him away?Woodpecker making hole in side of house, what do I do?
Agh! I had one, too. Did a lot of damage and there were no signs of bugs under the wood we replaced. Unfortunately, woodpeckers are difficult to control and often require a multi-level approach.





Here's an article that might help. Please note: many woodpecker species are protected. Even if you inadvertently harm one, you could get slapped with a hefty fine!





http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of鈥?/a>





Another really good source for help would be your local nursery; they should carry items to help scare them off.





Last step? Call your local pest control company. They know better than to harm them, but may also have other strategies. Better to pay the pest control people than to have to replace siding. Trust me on this!





Good luck!Woodpecker making hole in side of house, what do I do?
He has either chosen your house as his ';sounding board'; a territorial - mating thing they do to declare themselves - no solution - or has found *erk* bugs in your wood. Thank him for that. Might think about a termite check.

No comments:

Post a Comment