Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best way to transfer an image to the deck of a skim board I am making?

I am making a skim board and have it all finished and ready for color, but I don't know a good way to transfer my chosen image onto the actual board. I have drawn out a cool pattern of tribal flames onto a large roll of paper in real size, and I thought about using a razor to cut out a stencil that I could spray on, but I don't know how well that will work. Any design or method I could get would be MUCH appreciated.


Thanks.What is the best way to transfer an image to the deck of a skim board I am making?
The stencil should work well. A fresh razor and X-acto knife, and acrylic paint, both found at a craft store. Other wise, you'd have to transfer the image to rice paper, either by redrawing, or scanning and printing the image from your computer (that cuts down the size to 8';x11';) Once you have the image on rice paper (also from the craft store), when you fiberglass over it, the paper becomes invisible, but the image remains.


http://www.surfersteve.com/artwork.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment